Step 21. Check if all systems work as planned
Great work has been done, and your online store is almost ready to be launched! Now you need to check your settings and test main options before you can promote it.
Please have a look at the below checklist to make sure that your store works. Don’t get tempted to skip a step as it is really important to check everything.
- Open your store and imagine you are a customer, not the owner. Look at the products and the site design, and ask yourself: Do the products look good? Check the site on a mobile device as well. Have you edited all the titles, descriptions, permalinks? Have you deleted all the supplier’s information? Do the products match their categories? – If something is missing, correct it.
- The next step will be to ask yourself: Would I buy from this webstore? What do I like here the most? Does it look professional? – If the answers are positive, move to the next step.
- Can you select any color and size of the product? Open the product page and choose between the variations, you should be able to switch between them without issues.
- Can you add products to the cart? Can you see the correct product information in the modal window? – While on the product page, add a product to the cart and check if the cart appears with the added product.
- Check if you can remove the added item from the cart and regulate the quantity of the chosen product with the buttons “-” and “+”
- Do your payment systems work correctly? Make a test purchase. Import a product and set its price at $1, buy this product as if you are a customer and watch if the whole process goes smoothly.
- After the purchase, you should receive a Thank you for the purchase email notification. If you did not receive it, it is time to check the accuracy of the email notifications settings.
- Test if you can receive email notifications if somebody leaves a message in your ‘Contact Us’ form. Go to your contact form page and leave a test message.
- Have you set up a pricing formula correctly? Import a new item from Aliexpress and check if the suitable formula is applied to its price.
Now you can proceed with store promotion – even more exciting part of running an e-commerce store. If you need a hand with ads, we’re here for you – check out Powerful Ad Campaigns For Your Store service.