E-commerce is a highly competitive business area. To stay on top, online entrepreneurs need to analyze the number of sales, revenue, products sold and many other factors to correct their strategy. Most dropshipping beginners find it difficult to evaluate how successful their business is, what their strengths and weaknesses are. But all they need is just a proper instrument to gather data about their websites!
The most popular online analytics tool is Google Analytics. It is free, powerful and has many useful functions. It can give you numerous valuable insights about the users of your website. It also tells you how many of your visitors convert to customers, and whether your marketing strategy is effective enough.
Tracking and understanding your customer’s behavior and needs, you can optimize your site content and navigation, select the best tactics and develop your business in the most successful way.
How can Google Analytics help your business?
- You can learn where your visitors come from: what platforms they use (desktop/mobile, iOS/Android), what social media they prefer, what countries and regions they live in.
- You can segment your customer base and target some specific groups to improve results of your promotional events.
- You can create campaigns, estimate their progress and check if you’re achieving your business goals.
- You can find out what search queries are more popular and what kind of content generates more traffic. You can understand why some visitors do not find what they are looking for and leave your store.
- You can study your competitors’ experience. Google Analytics can provide valuable information about your competitors which can be analyzed and somehow used to improve your strategy.
When you integrate your Google Analytics code into the AliDropship Plugin, you’ll see all your traffic stats on site dashboard. If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, let’s create one on the Google Analytics website right now.
Create Google Analytics account
- Visit Google Analytics. Click Sign in if you already have a Google account. If not, click Create an account.
- Once you have signed in, click Access Google Analytics and then click Sign up.
- Fill in the fields Account Name, Website Name, and Website URL.
- Using the drop-down menus, select one variant of Industry Category and set Reporting Time Zone.
- Under Data Sharing Settings, tick the boxes next to the options that you need.
- Click Get Tracking ID button.
- You’ll see the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement. Click I Accept.
Integrate Google Analytics into your site
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin in the top left corner.
- Click Tracking Info section.
4. Select Tracking Code from the drop-down menu.
5. Copy the code below Tracking ID.
6. Go to your website WP dashboard -> Customization -> General and enter your Tracking ID here. Click Save Settings.
Add Google Analytics live stats to your dashboard
1. Go to your WP dashboard -> AliDropship -> Reports -> Traffic Report. If you want to connect to Google Analytics using your Google APIs, enter your Client ID and Client Secret Key. Otherwise, you may leave these fields blank. Click Continue.
2. On the next page, click Get Access Code button. Then sign into your Google account. Click Allow button. You’ll see your access code. Copy this code, switch back to dashboard, paste it here and click Save Changes.
3. Select Profile with your website and click Save Changes.