Instagram Mobile App allows to create ads easier and faster than in Facebook Ads Manager but it might lack some functionality. Let’s examine the process of ad creation in Instagram app.
Step 1. Switch to Business Account
Any account on Instagram first is considered as a personal one by default, and now you need to switch it to Business Account. To do that, you’ll need your store Business page on Facebook.
Open Instagram App, go to settings and choose ‘Switch to Business Profile’ option in the menu.
Connect your profile to your store Facebook Business Page.
Step 2. Choose a post from your profile to promote
Instagram App allows promoting only published posts. It means that if you want to make an ad, you need to make an advertising post, publish it and select ‘Promote’ option under it. Or simply choose a post from existing ones.
Step 3. Choose an Objective of promotion
In this step, you ‘tell’ Instagram what result you’d like to get from this ad.
There are 11 ad objectives in Facebook Ads Manager while Instagram App offers only 3:
- Get More Profile Visits
- Get More Website Visits
- Reach more people near an address
Let’s choose ‘Get More Website Visits’ objective. After that, you’re shown the ad settings menu.
Step 4. Choose destination
Paste the link where you want to redirect people to after they click on an ad.
Step 5. Decide on an action button
If you’ve chosen ‘Website’ destination in the previous step, Instagram offers you several texts for promotion button. Select ‘Show Now’.
Step 6. Define audience
By default, Instagram chooses audience without your assistance – we don’t need that! If you leave it as it is, you’ll never get the desired great results.
That’s why you should press ‘Create your own…’
Then decide on the following options:
- Name: make up a name of this audience
- Locations: decide in what cities/countries you want to show your ad
- Interests: business & industry, food & drinks, shopping & fashion, entertainment, family & relationships, sport & outdoors, fitness & wellness, hobbies & activities, etc
- Age: select any age you think fit from 13 to 65+
- Gender: male/female/both
Facebook and Instagram define ‘Interests’ by analyzing users’ behavior in social networks and beyond.
Here’re the settings for our audience:
Choose the created audience.
Step 7. Define budget and duration of your Instagram advertising campaign
- Budget: a sum you’re ready to spend on this ad
- Duration: how many days your ad will run
Choose $10 budget and 1 day of duration, for example.
Press ‘Create promotion’ and launch your ad.
Congrats! Now you know how to launch targeted ads via Instagram App.
What to choose to create ads on Instagram: Facebook or Instagram App?
The difference between Facebook Ads Manager and Instagram App ads settings is huge! Facebook Ads Manager gives you more opportunities and functions that are not available in the app.
Here are some disadvantages of launching ads from your phone app:
- Only 3 ad objectives available
- No detailed audience choice settings
- No custom/lookalike audience
- No placing ads in Stories
- No choice of mobile operating system (IOS or Android)
- No ‘Daily budget’ option
- No ad scheduling (you are not allowed to choose hours/days of ad running)
- No detailed ad objective settings
- No cost per click control
- No choice of charge option-click or impression
- Limited number of ad formats
In other words, Facebook Ads manager is much better if you want to get maximum result from your ads. There’s a little left to do: go to Facebook and start running them!
As it is the first time you set up your ad, it will take 20-30 minutes – but imagine what great results you will get after!
Are you ready to get many new clients for your dropshipping store? Don’t hesitate and do it right now!
P.S. In case you’re eager to promote your store the most effective way possible, rely on professionals and order ready ads for your store.