To support your brand identity and look trustworthy, you should use a branded business email. You can create a mailbox like email@example.com to communicate with your customers.
We advise using Yandex.Mail – it is a free service for setting up the email on your domain. Yandex.Mail web interface has numerous advantages, including the spam filter, automatic virus scanning, and other useful features.
Creating a branded business email with Yandex
Visit Yandex webpage, fill in all required fields and register an account.
Then go here, click Login in the top right corner and sign into your Yandex account.
Put your domain name in the “@Domain name” field and click ‘Connect domain’.
Now you should complete two steps of domain verification:
- Upload the file named “f9256b81b57b.html” and text “c9b30ba5db9a” to your site’s root directory (you’ll be offered also two other possible options, so you can choose any of these three, but the first one is the simplest). You can create this file in Notepad or other text editor program that supports .html format.
Put the file “f9256b81b57b.html” in your site’s root directory.
Click ‘Verify domain ownership’ button.
- Set up MX records.
Depending on the way you propagated your domain name, your MX records can be found either in cPanel account (if you changed DNS) or in your domain registrar account (if you changed IP). Follow the instruction for the option you need.
- If your MX records are stored in cPanel
- Find ‘Domains’ section in your cPanel home page and click ‘Zone editor’.
2. Click ‘Manage’.
3. Find MX record and change the values according to Step 2 Yandex Guide.
- If your MX records are stored in Domain registrar account
- Enter your registrar account and find your domain name.
2. Click ‘Manage DNS’ for your domain name.
- Click edit MX record.
- Edit it in accordance with Step 2 Yandex Guide and click ‘Save’.
- Now click ‘Verify MX records’ in your Mail for Domain Yandex account.
Create a branded mailbox and a password. Click ‘Add’. That’s it!
Email notifications setup
To use email notifications, you need to register with a mailing service. Then you’ll be able to:
- receive notifications to your email from ‘Contact Us’ form placed in your store;
- send email notifications to your customers when they place orders in your store (‘Thank you for your purchase’ notification);
- send your customers email notifications when the order status is changed to “shipped” (‘Your order has been shipped’ notification).
To activate email notifications, you need to register with one of the mailing services (such as Pepipost, SendGrid, SendinBlue, Mailgun, Mandrill, etc.) and enter your API key in plugin notifications settings.
Let’s see how to setup email notifications with Pepipost.
Visit Pepipost and register an account.
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with activation link. Click this link to complete the registration process. To get started, you need to add your sending domain.
Copy TXT records provided in your Settings section and place them in your DNS settings to have your domain verified.
If your domain name has been pointed to IP address, you should add your TXT records in your domain registrar account.
Put your website name in the Host field and enter a unique key generated by Pepipost in the TXT value field.
If your domain name has been pointed to nameservers, go to your cPanel => Advanced Zone Editor to add your TXT records.
Fill in the required fields and click Add Record button.
Your domain is successfully verified. Now you need to authenticate your domain to send emails using Pepipost. This process is called Sender Policy Framework (SPF).
Go to your hosting provider’s panel and update the TXT record of your sender domain.
Add the record below to the TXT record for your sender domain:
v=spf1 mx a include:pepipost.net ~all
Once the record is updated successfully, based on the set TTL it might take a couple of hours to reflect the entries globally. This is because of most of the DNS server cache the entries.
You’ll need to wait for some time. It usually takes an hour or two to get the domain authenticated on Pepipost.
If your domain is still not authenticated, you can reach Pepipost’s support via online chat or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The same should be done for the DKIM settings.
Once you have added the key, click on Check DNS Records Now.
All verified sender domains will be automatically sent for approval to Pepipost’s Deliverability Experts Team. Once you get their approval, you can start using this sender domain for sending emails. As a rule, domains are reviewed within 24 hours of submission, but sometimes the process may take up to 48 hours. However, there is a provision in the domain management page to Fast Track the review process. You just answer the questions asked and your domain will be under Fast Track Approval – 3 hours for approval.
As soon as your account is approved, go to your account settings and copy your API key.
Then paste this API key in your WordPress admin area: AliDropship => Settings => Notifications => Pepipost and click Save changes.